Get your own bodypaint t-shirt
We are now ready to launch our official championship t-shirts - they only cost DKK 200 (appr. EUR 27) and they are available on our webshop here:
Go to webshop
The t-shirts will also be sold at the World Championship in December and of course the illustrations are the great bodypaint layout on the front and the slogan 'Denmark - the heart of handball' on the back.
All profit go to charity
The cooperation between the Danish Handball association and the bodypainter Monty Knowles from the Bahamas is based on charity.
This means that all profit from the bodypaint elements will be split in two and handed over to Julemærkefonden in Denmark and to the The Bahamas Down Syndrome Association. Julemærkefonden is a organisation helping challenged Danish children - the handball national teams are also sponsoring Julemærkefonden.
Behind the bodypaint:
- The artist Monty Knowles from the Bahamas is both the painter and photographer
- De painted players are: Trine Østergaard, Louise Burgaard, Lotte Grigel, Anne Mette Hansen and Kristina Kristiansen
- Each player was painted for ten hours and then photographed
- Danish photographer Christoffer Håkansson was the host and he also made behind the scenes videos
- The hair dresser Ottoline from Aarhus did the players' hair
- DHF donates the profit to Julemærkefonden
- Monty Knowles donates his share of the profit to The Bahamas Down Syndrome Association