Ticket sales rounds 100,000
On December 5 the 22nd IHF Women's Handball World Championship kicks off in the four host cities Herning, Naestved, Kolding and Frederikshavn. With Denmark as host the preparations and the ticket sales are exceeding all expectations with more than 100,000 tickets sold already.
"I'm really impressed that we have come so far already, and it is especially because the numbers are so great in both Frederikshavn and Naestved. In Frederikshavn two days are completely sold out, and in Naestved almost only standing room tickets are available. I had not seen it coming," admits Per Bertelsen, president, DHF who also welcomes the support in Herning.
The pool in Kolding is very interesting. Not only can the German women create an atmosphere of home ground in Kolding, it is also a true dynamite group with among others the Brazilian world champions.
"I hope the German handball fans begin to show interest in going to Kolding to support their team. We are preparing exciting side events within the city and the citizens of Kolding are being involved in order to create the very special Heart of Handball atmosphere," says the president, Per Bertelsen.
Facts on the 22nd IHF Women’s Handball World Championship 2015
- Championship period: 5th-20th December
- Danish Handball Association is organizing the IHF Women’s World Championship in close cooperation with the host cities and Sport Event Denmark.
- The host cities are Herning, Kolding, Naestved and Frederikshavn
- The slogan of the event is Heart of Handball
- Ticket sales began on August 11.
- Buy your tickets here: www.denmark2015.com/tickets
- Follow the Championship on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat: Heart of Handball.