Danish Crown Prince Frederik is patron of the WCh
At the age of just nine, the Crown Prince made the draw for the Men's Handball World Championship in 1978 in Denmark and since then the Crown Prince has honored numerous events staged by the Danish Handball Association, DHF, with his presence - not least at championships in recent years.
His Royal Highness also had the role of patron last year at the EHF Men's Handball European Championship 2014 and at the EHF Women’s EURO 2010.
It is a great joy and an even greater honor for Danish Handball Association to welcome His Royal Highness as patron of the event, which also underlines the support and endorsement of the championship on home soil.
"It has an enormous impact on our sport that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik shows interest in Danish Handball and as the patron supports the IHF Women’s Handball World Championship. The royal support means the world to not only Danish Handball but also to the international Handball Family," says DHF Secretary General, Morten Stig Christensen.
Facts on 22nd IHF Women’s World Championships 2015
- Period: 5th-20th December
- Danish Handball Association is organizing the IHF Women’s World Championship in close cooperation with the host cities and Sport Event Denmark.
- The host cities are Herning, Kolding, Næstved and Frederikshavn
- The slogan of the event is Heart of Handball
- Ticket sale: www.denmark2015.com/tickets
Follow the World Championship on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter:
Heart of handball