The patron opens the World Championship
At the age of just nine, the Crown Prince made the draw for the Men's Handball World Championship in 1978 in Denmark and since then the Crown Prince has honored numerous events staged by the Danish Handball Association, DHF, with his presence - not least at championships in recent years.
His Royal Highness also had the role of patron last year at the EHF Men's Handball European Championship 2014 and at the EHF Women’s EURO 2010.
"We are not alone very happy and proud that His Royal Highness Crowne Prince Frederik is a patron at this championship, we are also very excited that we can now present this video greeting in all venues," secretary general of the Danish Handball Association
Facts on 22nd IHF Women’s World Championships 2015
- Period: 5th-20th December
- Danish Handball Association is organizing the IHF Women’s World Championship in close cooperation with the host cities and Sport Event Denmark.
- The host cities are Herning, Kolding, Næstved and Frederikshavn
- The slogan of the event is Heart of Handball
- Ticket sale: www.denmark2015.com/tickets
Follow the World Championship on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram and Twitter:
Heart of handball